Invitation Letter for Visa Application
If you require an Invitation Letter for your visa application, please see the following instructions. At least one of the following criteria must be met in order to honor the request for a letter of invitation.
• Be an author or accompany persons of an accepted Extended Abstract and/or Work-In-Progress Poster.
• Have paid the registration fee for this conference by Credit Cards or Bank Tranfer through the conference website.
• Have a record of attendance at ICDERS or related meetings and a need to begin the visa process before the above conditions can be met.
There are two ways to obtain the Invitation Letter for visa supporting.
• Register on the registration website, finished the payment. An Invitation Letter could be downloaded automatically.
• Send email to Conference Secretariat email ICDERS2019@pku.edu.cn, with the following information.
Attendee Information (items with * are necessary filling): Email*, Passport No.*, Gender(Male/Female), Title*(Prof./Dr./Mr./Ms./Other), Given Name*, Family Name*, Date of Birth*:DD/MM/YY, Affiliation*, Department, Address, ZIP/Postal Code, City*, Country or Region*, Mobile Phone*, Telephone, Title of Paper Submitted.
Chinese visa is a permit issued to a foreigner by the Chinese visa authorities for entry into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a diplomatic, courtesy, service or ordinary visa to a foreigner according to his/her identity, purpose of visit to China and passport type.
Visa F (business visa): For visitors who are travelling to China on a study or lecture tour or for a scientific conference for a period of no more than six months. To apply for a Visa F, a letter of invitation from the host organization is required.
Visa L (tourist visa): Issued to foreigners who come to China for sightseeing, visiting relatives or other private purposes. For a tourist applicant, in travelling expenses in China, and when necessary, provide the air, train or ship tickets to the heading country/region after leaving China. For the applicants who come to China to visit relatives, some are required to provide invitation letters from their relatives in China.
General Materials to Apply for Chinese Visa
1. A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa;
2. One Visa Application Form of the People’s Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant;
3. One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted);
4. The Invitation Letter issued by the ICDERS 2019 Organizing Committee;
5. Any other supplements that are deemed as necessary for your visa application by the visa officer.
The information above is for your reference only. You are kindly advised to consult with the local Chinese Embassies or Consulates-General for accurate requirements for visa application. Contact information of local Chinese consulate or embassy can be found at the following link. Click on the name of your country and the website will be presented in the official language of the country. Select the proper visa type (type F is recommended) and follow the requirements.
• If you are required by local Chinese consulate or embassy to submit an Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit (a letter with a barcode) for visa application, please contact us at: ICDERS2019@pku.edu.cn.
As summer is the tourist season of Beijing, we strongly recommend that you submit your visa application as early as possible, to ensure the best chance of meeting your intended departure date.